Monday, January 23, 2006

My Football Inspirations







Currently Listening
G3 : Live In Co
ncert
by Joe Satriani, Eric Johnson & Steve Vai


I am the kind of guy who just simply loves the outdoors. I can't really stand one bit being indoors for too long unless I am down with the infamous tri-combination virus consisting the ever famous flu, the irritating cough and the good old high fever. Other than that I just somehow find my way to get out, smell some poluted air, have a drink with some buddies or just play some footie ball.

The most favourite thing I love doing is football..and everything that has got to do with the game.. I have been playing football since I was 8 and year after year the skills developed, the passion grew and the addiction gets worst. Every decade of my life there is bound to be some pro footballer I adored. There are people like :




Pele. A living legend who was the first footballer I admire. He had skills, he had flare he is like considered The King Of All Time






Then there is :



Diego Maradona.
This Argentinian maestro has got all it takes to be a legend in the 80's and with the title "Hand Of God" it is surely heavenly just to watch him play.




but as football transitions into the 90's and the 21st century, there are more footballers who has inspired me and taught me their skills. For example :









Zinedine Zidane



















Luis Figo









Both playing calm and collective football as well as skillfull play








Ryan Giggs.
I love watching him play. He got swift and fast moves









and my current favourite :




Thierry Henry.
He is one player who dances on the fieild while playing his football. The skill, the twist and turns, the pace makes him one of the most lethal striker the world can ever see.





I never regretted playing football and I don't think I will ever. Everyday the passion to play, the drive to kick has always been there and is still growing. It's true what they say about football "Makan Bola...Minum Bola...Tidur Bola" I would not know what I would do if the privilege of playing football has been taken away from me. As it is I am starting to play less due to daily routines.Everytime I get to play, I will cherish the moment, have loads of fun and show some trickery I have learnt

I really would like to Thank God for :

  1. My Dad and my late Grand Papa for the encouragement and support that they have given and shown to me as well as some cool boots they got me when I was young
  2. My ever loving girlfriend for getting me the Nike Mercurial Vapor II
  3. My primary school teacher for giving me the opportunity to play for school and also teach me valuable lessons on being a young footballer
  4. My secondary school mates for the fun times we had during friendlies and our daily 5pm - 7pm sessions where laughter is the one thing that drove us mad and skillful
  5. The Malay Brothers that plays nearby my house everyday without fail. I would not know where else I could go for some fun, skilled football
  6. My Tuesday night Futsal kaki's. With them I got into serious futsal playing
  7. Interface Advertising for making me their star-studded import futsal player and giving me the opportunity to score goals for them against ad agencies in town as well as their client
My fear now is that I am getting older and my body is not as tough as it used to be. With an ankle injury hitting me like a hammer after every session, I begin to realise that I really need to take extra precautions not to break my leg...and with daily routines I am also playing less..and i hate that ..not playing as much I used to play

I will never forsake and give up football..Not ever..It's just a part of me everyone has got to accept..

LONG LIVE FOOTBALL!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home