Thursday, January 26, 2006

Turning Back The Hands Of Time






Currently Listening
Acoustic Gestures
by Az Samad



There are plenty of times in my life where I wish I could just turn back the hands of time to undo the things I have done which has hurt others, unethical, or just plain wrong. Though now I live to regret the things that has been done, the decisions made, the sins committed, the anger, the lies. Nevertheless all these happened for a good reason I suppose, to make me a better, wiser and stronger person not forgetting even more patient man too.

There is saying that " If you love something or someone so much, it's better to let he/she/it go for their happiness sake ". True..it will hurt..cuts through the heart like a sharp jagged sword, but in order for it/person to be happy you simply just gotta set them free. I must admit that I am quite an idiot and a fool for wishful thinking and dreams. That I have a lot of flaws in me that makes me who I am. No matter how hard I try to be better..sometimes it's just natural that I do fail..most times in fact, but I still do not give up trying.

Of late my mood has changed drastically, I find that I get irritated easily which resulted to lashing out my anger at anyone who is just annoying and that includes love ones. Man... it ain't a pretty sight when I am angry. A friend of mine told me that he has never seen me this angry before till there's no point of forgiveness, and he actually was really afraid of my anger. He told me this in his exact words "Man.. you are a really patient person..in fact the most patient person I have ever met. But when you are angry...all hell breaks loose and you remain that for a while.Dude.. you are extreme at both ends" exact words I tell you..in his exact words. I used to be angry when I was young. Angry at everything that goes through my path. Angry, even at the smallest issues. Angry at everyone but after some growing up, I thought to myself there is no point being this angry for eternity and vowed never to loose my anger. Little did I know that vow was broken recently.

I wish I could turn back the hands of time to undo all the anger I have ever felt in my life, all the pain and hurt I felt and I have caused. Probably that would have changed the course of my life. I wish I could turn back the hands of time to be hard working in my studies so that I could have a better career option. I wish I could turn back the hands of time to have a better relationship with my family so that I can be a better grandson, son, nephew, older brother and cousin. I wish I could turn back the hands of time so that I could be a better lover, a better best friend, a better listener and a lousy heartbreaker.

Don't you wish you too could turn back the hands of time? but I guess that is just wishful thinking. At one point in time I was so down and I got a 'telling off' by a friend (which I deserved it). All this while I was told that thing happens for a reason and at the end of the day something good will happen out of it. I was just too self-indulgent in my pityful sorrows which actually is annoying people. Did a lot of thinking and well realized that it's just right about me being self-indulgent.

So now here I am writing about what has passed and after so much telling offs, now I'm beginning to get out of my pityful sorrows and start looking at the brighter side of life and carry on with my life with lots of challenges lying ahead for me to tackle. Though there are certains pressing issues which requires much needed saving but if it can't be saved I guess I just have to let it go and the worst thing is I don't know what else to do to save it. Oh heck..!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home