Monday, February 20, 2006

Sleepless Nights













Currently Listening To

Time After Time

by Eva Cassidy


Word Of The Day :
Diddly : A small or worthless amount

Lately I have problems sleeping at night and it has been going on for three weeks already. Until today I still do not know why. I try to go to sleep by not thinking of anything but somehow that failed. I tried counting sheeps...yeah an age old remedy to get a good nights rest by force, still that also did not work. I tried jogging at night in hope that I will tire myself out when I return and just drop dead on the bed but it did not help at all. In fact I got cute little doggies chasing me. I even tried putting on some sleepy music, that also didn't work. Jeez.....My friends kept telling me that I have imsonia but i refuse to acknowledge that fact. I keep denying to everyone and to myself that I have imsonia. I kept telling myself that I had too many teh tariks which resulted to my imsoniac state.

Somehow while I was wide awake at night laying on my bed, there are a lot of things keep creeping into my head. Some people do their thinking during the day time or when at night after dinner. I had to be one of the many unlucky bloke to have things creeping into my head after midnight. Thoughts like future plans, would I be able to earn enough to live comfortably, the good times and the bad times I've had and love...


L
ove
the one thing that makes a person's world colourful or just plain grey. Many times I wish I could be that colourful person who could just splash colours into a person's life everyday. Colours makes things look more appealing and more interesting somehow. Imagine a splash of new colours everyday for the rest of our lives. Wouldn't it be awesome. The unfortunate thing is that I was unable to maintain the colourful splashes and now living through the grey era and once we touched the monochromatic colour, there is no way we can erase the colour away completely. Even when you splash more colours, somehow there will always be a grey spot somewhere. I have no regrets being in love. The only regret is that in incapablity to sustain the colourful relationship all the time which causes me to loose people I love and have loved. Forgive Me Please...

There are nights I always thought of the "What If" agenda. "What if I studied harder?", "What if I was not separated from my family?","What if I worked even more harder at work?", "What if I have been more serious with God?","What if I have been a little more loving and effectionate in a relationship?", "What if I trained on my football more?", "What if I take my music practise a little more serious?". All these "What If's" are some of the questions I always asked myself lately. Don't you all?

Are these sleepless nights a test for me to go through or is it just a phase in my life coming in and out over time? It really has been three weeks since the first night and I sometimes cannot stand tiny problem. A friend of mine told me take prozac...another told me to take cough medicine....I somehow never believe in gulping these tiny but yet powerful tablets unless I am down and out with fever or if I am "touch wood" hit with health related problems. HECK!!! I never even finished my antibiotics before..(probably explains the reason why I fall sick often). I begin to feel tired, the act of laziness slowly begins to arise and worst of all the feeling of boredom starts creeping into my veins and my happy go lucky mental state.

If these goes on further, I think I shall succumb to taking those crazy pills they call prozac or maybe just go get diddly cans of beers or probably stout. Drink till I drop. CHEERS MATE!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home