Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Some Good Laughs



Currently Listening

Renee Olstead

by Renee Olstead


Third day of CNY...well nothing much has happened the past 2 days except for the family gathering and spending time with love ones.. but today was really a good day as me and Matt together with a bunch of buddies went to play Counter Strike... the all time favourite game among these people and myself too. I spent most of my time laughing so hard that either winning or dying does not even matter anymore. Whenever I go gaming with friends, the thing I enjoyed most is seeing how silly and dumb can my playmates get...seeing how they get killed. We were like the loudest in a room where there weren't any speakers blasting the sounds from the computer.

Gaming though is a trend right now for every computer buff. Some play for fun, some play to check out the game, some even take it as a professional career. For me, gaming is a form of stress relief. It's not merely bout the game itself, but it is how you play the game, and how the acts of others tickles your heart. When you play a game, sometimes you stumble upon many things you could never imagine can be done..

I still remember during my student days, me and bunch of guys, regular gaming kaki's, would just go play for hours. These few hours are the hours where you can find lots of laughing, lots of swearing as well and lots of sub-conscious bonding among guys/boys. I remember there are a few occasions where we even played like from 7pm right till 7am the next morning. Thus came the term "main sampai bodoh". Imagine 8 guys after a session of pc gaming ( back then was either "Red Alert" or "Star Craft" ) at the makak, looking stoned. Now that is something which we all called a "Kodak Moment". It's like we all want to talk bout the game we played, how we strategize, how much we built, how we died, how stupid did the enemy get with words like "how come cannot click on my man wan?" or " Spy La Tu " and also played till the whole server hanged but we just could not because our eyes were glued to the 17 inch monitor for like 7 to 8 hours straight sometimes more, concentrating on the building and the killing which made us all STONED...Had a lot of laughs...

Now..those days are gone. With some people married, some getting married, a lot of us having girlfriends, all of us working long hours...we just can't seem to find the time to get together and play anymore. I will never forget those days of fun and laughter.

Gaming I suppose does wonder to us guys. It creates a bond without us knowing it. Helps makes new friends as well and...and... it is a damn good stress relief activity. Trust me.. try going there when you had a bad day at work or at college or anywhere.. after a few hours playing with some friends, you will come out with a smile on your face.

After all laughter is and has always been the best medicine for everyone in the whole wide world. Don't you agree?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home