Saturday, April 29, 2006

Update Update











Currently Listening To

Only

by Tommy Emmanuel


Word Of The Day
Update - To bring up to date

A few days ago I was out with a bunch of friends for a drink at the usual local midnight eatery ( not that it is exquisite), we were chatting and chatting, catching up with each other on the latest. The BA-eee and me were discussing on million dollar ideas and how about we are to make it happen and stuff like that. I notice of late whenever I am out with him, we talk nothing but making tons and tons of money. I don't have much to complain since most of the ideas came from me and he, just makes use of the idea for the both of us to strike our million. We are currently looking into doing up some events (of course details are not to be disclose). I realise that sometimes in order to make things happen, now a days its not about what you know or what you can do. It is about who you know. It means that sometimes we have to suck up to a certain people to get what we want. Jeez!!.. I guess life nowadays is like that and we the simpletons don't have much of a choice but to live with it in order to succeed.

So after talking a bit more about the million dollar ideas, I asked The BA-eee (being an IT savvy bloke) on Pocket PC. I have been eyeing on this particular baby for a few months already. Heard and read some good reviews about it but the only thing that is keeping me from getting this piece of work is the money. I am seriously in need of a hefty donation from anywhere. So when i was just about to put my mind set on this baby suddenly decided to launch this. The same as the earlier one except for a few enhancements on some features like WI-FI, 2 Mega-pixel camera, faster memory and better interface and it is black. Now my target of Pocket Pc has diverted to this baby.

A friend of mine asked me whether I wanted to collaborate with him to perform a 2 piece acoustic band performance. Wow!! Never in my life anyone has asked me to perform acoustic session in public. It is like a dream come true. Not that its any big hoo haa concert, but it still an honour for me to be asked to do this kind of collaboration. The fact that I am invited to play some music and sing again is just simply too breath taking for me. I must admit that I am very very rusty in my guitar playing, but what the heck, it's a once in a lifetime opportunity for me and I am not gonna let this go by.

Soon me and some mates are gonna be competing in an indoor soccer league. We have had our weekly friendlies but then again I suppose that isn't gonna help much. I still find the teamwork and team spirit missing and it is really frustrating to see teammates not being able to understand your moves and all. I must admit that sometimes I do blow my top off sometimes on them. Forgive me please. I believe that we will be competing agaisnt better teams who has been playing together for a long long time. New challenges will come and with these challenges, I hope to be able to improve my Magic in ball handling.

Work has been pretty hectic lately. Amidst all of these chaotic disruptions, I somehow have these feeling of joy in my heart. I must admit that sometimes I do get strayed away by the worries I have to perform and I am lucky enough to have good colleagues lending me a piece of their ear and a bit of their shoulders. It is rather encouraging to find colleagues like these. My highest salutes to them. I am still a "baby" in the industry, I still have a long way to go, a lot more to learn and with little time to achieve my goals. I am hungry to learn, I am eager to achieve and I want to shine. Where do I start? How will I do it? What else can I do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home