Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Frustrations & Joys








Currently Listening To

Keith Urban

Days Go By


Fascinatingly I find that I love kids. I love having them around me. I love carrying them and making them smile. It is hard to get a kid who barely knows you to smile or even laugh at your lame jokes. It makes me happy getting children to be happy smiling and laughing. Maybe I should open a kindi. Somehow when I am around them I feel at peace. Could be their innocense and how curious they are at life or things around them. They would ask you the silliest or the most frustrating questions and you would reply them with a big smile. Funny how does that happen.

A while back we had this shoot which involved kids. Now I love working with kids..be it whether they are 1 year old or 12, I just love working with kids. Working with kids somehow made my day joyful. Even though, well, kids being kids, they can be a real tyrant sometimes. This time the whole entire shoot was lucky enough to have 5 great kids. Imagine waking up at 3 to get to where I work, then spend another 2 hours on the road to get to Sekinchan.

A shot taken from my Nokia N80 Phone


Getting make up done. Yes including the boys. And being a boy once ( maybe I still am ), there always the 'urghh' feeling when it comes to make-up. Nevertheless these boys are "MAN" enough to just listen to instructions and sit down and get it done with..without giving any fuss. Then we started shooting....hours n hours went by, many variations were shot and we were done at noon. Mind you it was really a hot sunny day and I was wearing my shades. The kids well, were all attentive and listening to every instructions given. They followed...without any complaints...Despite the hot weather, we were happy. The kids were smilling. Guess its really encouraging to see kids who are less able than us adults, to have strong perseverance and good attitude. Like they say, kids can be really good examples to adults.

Now, after lunch we head back to the office for a little siesta...well an hour is a lot okie. The off we go to Port Dickson, another 2 hour drive. While waiting for the correct shoot time, we had a drink at the nearby "warong". There was this cat sleeping underneath my chair and it reminded me of 2 I had and lost due to some nasty situations. No!!! they did not get run over by a truck. It was really a sad phase in my life. I took a pic of it sleeping peacefully underneath me. Not caring about the world

Peaceful Slumber


Waking up

It was time. We picked up our stuff and head on to the beach. I was like smilling really big merely because I love the sea, sand & sun. So its like "cool! I gonna get a tan at the beach". After setting up and all, camera was rolling and trust me, getting a bunch of 6 to 10 year olds to be at their position and doing the act while the tide rises every minute is not fun. There was a lot of shouting, a lot of frustration at times ( not the bad kind ) but we got the shot alright. While I quietly at the belakang took some pics

Okay Guys, Here is The Plan... We.. RUN LIKE NEVER RUN BEFORE!!!!


FREEDOM

The sunset on that day was beautiful. For the first time in many many donkey years, I manage to catch a very very beautiful sunset at the beach. Well simply because I did not have any choice but to wait there for everyone to pack up. So I happily took my camera and snap away.


A good way to end a very very hectic Sunday. Although this particular shoot is driving me up the wall with the short time given for preparation, I feel very very happy. There is so much joy in my hear t on the journey back to Kuala Lumpur. Tired the body and mind is but my heart was smilling. It was encouraged and these kids has taught me if they, the kids can do it, why can't we adults.

This entry is dedicated to the 5, 6 - 10 year old heroes & heroines who has opened up my eyes towards life and work as well. I can't wait to work with them in the near future.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home