Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Merdeka Weekend











Still Listening To
Indiana
Jon McLaughlin




Somehow this album is an album you can listen over and over again. I bought this on Amazon and I guess this is so far the best CD purchase I have ever made. Unfortunately it is not available in the stores of Malaysia. I have been searching for it for a couple of weeks in some of the big stores in Kuala Lumpur and the sales people are like clueless at what I am asking for.

Anyroads, the Merdeka Weekend was a good weekend of cycling. 3 days in a row cycling at 2 locations. I find myself now more confident at attacking obstacles and riding in narrow trails. Though sometimes i still have to get off the bike and push. Hey, it's only the third and fourth ride okay...Give me a break..cut me some slack.

Merdeka day fell on a Friday, we decided to tackle the FRIM trail. They call it the dream trail and i can understand now why it is called that. The ride in was an easy cruise with double tracks and no obstacles in the middle, it made climbing a hill easier. As we get deeper, there is the entrance to the single track trail. This is where the fun starts. Lots of up hill and down hills with tree roots coming out from everywhere. It is by far the best man made trail I have ever ride on.

Entrance To Dream Trail

Some of Us Riders

Entrance to Single Track Trail

An uphill trail with rocks

The number of riders now are slowly increasing. From a mere 3, we are now looking at 10. 3 or 4 more coming to join us soon. It is very exciting to see the number of riders growing each week. It gives me more 'semangat' and also look forward to weekends which is not that boring anymore.

Well I guess all good things must come to an end somehow. Weekends are over and weekdays are back to turn our life upside down. I have been working like a dog for sometime already. Frankly speaking I really don't mind the long hours at work. It is some people who just screws everything up and give life the unnecessary stress it does not even deserve. I really need to go for another short break end of this month just to refill my energy and drive to performing at work.

I guess this post is all about the rides during the weekend. I shall leave with more pictures from our 2nd, 3rd & 4th riding sessions with the new members. We are planning to give ourselves a team name..Suggestions are welcomed

Entrance To 'Beginner Trail' at Kiara

Taking a break

Getting ready for round 2

Whoring Ourselves at FRIM

Exit of the 'Dream Trail'

Some of us on our 4th ride

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home